Friday 17 January 2014

Dracula Book Cover and Poster

Dracula


My Dracula book cover uses an print from a lino-cut I made of an old church tower. I did a print because it gave a distort look to the design, and by using an angle on the cover makes the design seem that the page is looking up. I used a deep purple because its a bol colour that I experimented with behind the print. The purple is bold like the black background so it blends into the background on the edges attracting the audiences eyes too the centre of the image.


This is my poster design for the film Dracula, it follows on with the same print and colours the addition of type to the design. With the typography, I followed lines on the print with the edges of the sentences so it became a organised and flowing image reading from left too right. I took this into consideration because of the first impressions too the audience is very important, so this became a priority to make the design as easy too follow as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment