Friday 17 January 2014

The Deer Hunter Film Cover and Poster

The Deer Hunter




I thought about the emotions and type of film 'The Deer Hunter' is and came up with the idea of pain and suffering. I have shown this through the use of screen-print with the rough edges. The spacing of the typography and the screen-print on the poster is very important as it centres the image and draws the eyes of the audience too the print alone with a smaller size type just underneath. I chose that image for my print because they scene with the most impact involves it so i was thinking about bringing the story too the design. 




I used a golden brown colour for the background to emulate the mud filled water in the film.


For the film cover design i thought about the gun and how too present differently, i thought of using shapes and paths to create the outline of a gun but to make it look like the audience is looking down the barrel of the gun. I used the same background colour and kept the same effect of making it look like a silhouette. I like the silhouette style, it adds space too the design. The typography on the cover and spine is the same as what is on the poster because i wanted too keep the two designs very similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment